Please remind your child to read at least 15 minutes each night. Encourage your child to wonder about plot or characters and begin to notice descriptive words. Thank you again for being such good reading role models for your children.
The third graders have received this week, in social studies class, information regarding their next project- The Biography Report. As they read about this person’s life, I would like them to answer the following questions:
1. Whom are you reading about?
2. Where did this person spend his/her childhood?
3. What did this person do before he/she became famous?
4. What are this person’s greatest accomplishments?
5. When did this person die? (or what is he/she currently doing?)
6. Share an interesting story about your topic.
I would like the children to answer the questions on a separate piece of paper and, pretending to be the famous person, create a presentation of at least a minute. Students will dress up and use props to make their presentation come alive.
As noted on the handout, all projects are due April 18th. The presentations will take place on May 3rd at 2:00 p.m. in the third grade homeroom. Parents are invited to join us on this day for this spectacular event.
Beginning January 28th, all students need to arrive at school no later than 8:10 am. The children will be taking the ERBs, a standardized test given to third graders at this time of year. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.