Affording BCD with the Fair Share Tuition Plan
Berkshire Country Day School is now accessible to all families regardless of their financial circumstance. We recognize that middle-income families’ economic needs are often underestimated.
Investing in an independent school
Research by the National Association of Independent Schools shows that families who choose independent schools like Berkshire Country Day are making a choice for talented, engaging teachers; for a hardworking peer group; and for a community that prioritizes shared responsibility for learning. Independent school families appreciate the focused mission of their schools… a mission that promises, “…we will know your child, love your child, and help your child be successful.”
One of our most cherished values is community. We establish trust, cooperation, and accountability within an atmosphere of belonging, where we all invest in the success and well-being of each other.
In order to live fully into this value, we offer the FAIR SHARE tuition program so that no matter what your income level, you can afford the extraordinary benefits of a BCD education.
With the FAIR SHARE tuition program, the school offers a wide range of tuitions.
How to apply for the FAIR SHARE tuition program
1) Complete your child’s admission application. Our admission decisions are need blind, so we determine acceptance prior to determining your tuition.
2) Begin the FAIR SHARE tuition application process. Note: the FAIR SHARE program is designed for families whose annual gross income is $130,000 or greater. If your annual gross income is less than $130,000, please apply through our independent income verification company, SSS.
3) Gather your most recent tax forms to submit with either application, including any relevant supplements, like Schedules C or E, W-2s, and/or K1 forms.
4) Contact Gwen Connolly, Director of Finance, to submit your supplemental paperwork or for any questions.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us as we are here to help.
What is the true value of a BCD education?
- You and your child get a lifelong connection to a community where you belong and matter. In today’s complex world, knowing you belong to a place where people care is priceless.
- At BCD, everyone knows your name. There are no back rows.
- We celebrate your child’s strengths and encourage them to make the world a better place.
- We believe all children come into the world with a unique purpose and their lives can make a positive difference. Our learning process seeks to instill this belief in all children, challenging them to be the best version of themselves. We think learning should be purposeful beyond just what a child brings home in their backpacks.
- Childhood is fleeting and should be a time of wonder, curiosity, and joy. We don’t rush children to adulthood. At the same time, we prepare them for academic success beyond BCD and teach them to value learning.