ArtSoirée 2013 was a total success – the greatest ever! I write to extend my sincere and heart-felt gratitude to the scores of current and former community members and friends of BCD that gathered in Fitzpatrick Hall on Saturday night for a memorable evening of fun, friendship, food, and fundraising.
Special thanks go to ArtSoirée chair Jen Capala and Amy Elmore for their leadership and energy all year and to their creative and hardworking committee. Special acknowledgement to:
- Colin Mathews for his creativity, brilliant slideshow, and inspiring repartee during the live auction.
- Carrie Owens and Carl Rusk for the beautiful and touching movie featuring our children, and for the perfect quality sound.
- Judy Bates for masterfully managing dinner and a terrific kitchen staff.
- Jon Piasecki for transforming Fitz with his ‘forest in the sky’ installation.
- Eric Korenman for documenting the smiles and positive spirit all evening in his photo booth. Se his pics: ; select BCD Art Soiree; password: forthekids; all proceeds from pictures purchases go to BCD.
- Auctioneer John Economou, whose heart was truly in it as he reminded us over and over that it was all about the children.
A heart-felt thank you goes to the many talented and dedicated community members who donated items for auction, fine food, desserts, and delicious drink – our very own Berkshire Mountain Distillers, Judy Bates, Berkshire Magazine, Emily & Don Bernard, Jen and Paul Capala, Mara & Justin Davies, David Hautzig, Route 7 Grill, The Bookloft, Gundula Brattke, Ted & Jen Glockner, Wendi Hauck, Patrick Hanley & Kristin Scheible, Dave & Bev Hosokawa, Iverson Studio, Phil Knoll, Mark Smith Design Inc., Mark Massini, Mission Bar + Tapas, Ellen Perry, Elizabeth Powell, Paul Rich and Sons, Carl Rusk, Second Home, Second Nature Garden Design, Seize sur Vingt, Rob Slonaker, Kim & James Taylor, and Judy & Mark Usow – their generosity contributed significantly to our collective success.
Underwriters, patrons, and sponsors, and each and every amazing bidder and paddle raiser (John and Claire Pollart, you set the bar!), thank you for your generosity and support – our expectations were exceeded. I am enthusiastic to share that we surpassed our goal (by far!) for the BCD Financial Aid Fund.